"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." Einstein
STOP BOMBING SYRIA – PEACE MARCH
Saturday, 2PM, 19 November
Following the decision taken at our last protest at the Daíl, the Irish Anti-War Movement is organising a peace rally at the Russian and US Embassies.
Assemble and protest at 2PM, Saturday, 19th November at the Russian Embassy, followed by a march to the US Embassy and a final protest.
The Irish Anti-War demands an end to the bombing in Syria.
Syria’s has become the worst humanitarian crisis of our time. Since 2011 there are:
- Almost 500,000 dead
- 4,800,000 refugees
- 6,100,000 internally displaced
- 13,500,000 in need of humanitarian aid.
Physicians for Human Rights have said, “Bombing civilians is a war crime. Targeting hospitals is a war crime. Stripping medical supplies from aid convoys meant for civilians is a war crime...We cannot lose sight of the calculated commission of war crimes and crimes against humanity across Syria.”
The IAWM says: STOP THIS WAR NOW!
• We call for all parties to the war to agree to an immediate and permanent ceasefire.
• We demand a halt to the bombing and the opening of safe channels for humanitarian aid.
• We demand an end to all foreign intervention in Syria and an end to all arms sales to Syria.
• We call on the Irish government to end its silence and summon the US and Russian Ambassadors to demand they cease their military involvement in Syria.
• We demand that refugees receive sanctuary as needed in Europe and other countries.